The Leon Family

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,
his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your
faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23


Sunday, July 27, 2008

Vacation!!



One of lifes many gifts-God allowing us to breathe in and see his beautiful world. We were so blessed to be able to visit our many family members in both California and Hawaii! What an exciting time for my sister in law, Maria Claudia who graduated in Interior Design (with honors!) at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandise in L.A. We were truly honored to be a part of her celebration! We (the kids and I) traveled on to Hawaii to visit and stay with aunts, uncles, cousins etc. and attend a family reunion on my father's side. It reminds me of my childhood to breathe in the Hawaiian air and see the majesty of the mountains and the beautiful beaches. What a joy to see our 2 children see and experience what I did as a child! They had such fun playing and enjoying their many, many cousins and I just embraced and cherished that I could watch them having fun in the water, as I did for so many years!
We ate (the local food is like no other and keeps drawing us back!), we drank, we swam in the ocean and just indulged in the sights and beauty of the islands! Thank you, family for taking us in, giving us beds to sleep in, fellowship with one another, a car to drive, carseats for our little ones, food to eat, taking and picking us up from the airport! The list is endless. We love you all, may God bless you for your kindness! We are so grateful to God that you are our ohana!

1 comment:

The Wood Family said...

You're such a great writer, Odette! I've never been to Hawaii, but could almost smell the air too. Thanks for sharing this post, looks like you had a LOT of fun!